Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hobart to Sydney Yacht Race (The great escape from the Gong to Cronulla)



I know you all thought we were heading south. ie:Turn right on leaving the gong. Ex tropical cyclone Laurence firmly stopped that plan. The outlook for the next week is almost certainly winds from the south. After learned and lengthy consultations with Bruuuuuce and Sue of Chilli Heat, who were meeting us in Jervis Bay we decided that Pittwater northern Sydney sounded very enticing.(anything anywhere but THE TYRE.) Great sail to Cronulla in wet windy rough conditions, and Crazy Lady once again proved that she thrives in this challenging sailing conditions (20 - 25 knots)
Off to Pittwater Sunday.

Glenn

3 comments:

  1. Well I'll be damned I thought south was on the cards but obviously Captain JEN caved in!
    The only exciting news here is that my boy went for his first surf lesson yesterday with the local Maestro (in GLENN's absence) and returned safely...and his mother sighed!!!

    cheers,

    Eth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having a great adventure.Sorry I couldnt make it to your naming I had to work until 9.30. Sounds like you have had some wild weather keep safe will check on you soon.
    love Lynn P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Eth, even in my absence Gerard has a long way to go before taking over!!!!!!!!

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete