Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tired of the TYRE!!!!


We docked at Wollongong Harbour for our Xmas visit to our families. This is definitely a working fishing harbour. A massive industrial "Mt Isa" style tyre and a catermeran with wide ball style fenders separated us from terra firma. The chasm was often impassible and require the climbing skills of a mountain goat. T shirts and shorts are now covered in black scuff marks(no laundry facilities)I got battered and bruised. The strong winds from the north east and then the south with drizzling rain, proved too much for me and we decided to leave Wollongong on Boxing Day. Enough was enough, not to mention the nocturnal irritations of Dooff Dooff drug selling sex fiends parked just over in the harbour carpark. (and that was just Glenn)

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Wollongong has many good things to offer - like cheap hookers, free urine, and me :)
    Hope you like the proile picture. It took me half an hour to work out how to make the file small enough so your site was capable of uploading it. I like the chickeny theme we're developing. Will encourage the household to participate.
    Christmas with the Quinlans went swimmingly - we all agreed it was the best one in a long time.
    You'll like this: I got a set of knickers off Aunty Lorrette (Peter Alexander, of course), and Uncle Maurice (who was sitting next to me) asked me to show him what i got, and then instantly regretted it. Throughout his embarassment, Aunty Lorrette was asking me to hold them up and loudly theorising as to whether they would be small enough.
    Not much chance of you winning the yatch race if you're heading north, but at least you gave it a shot.
    love Bren, Hiacinth the duck, and various other forms of backyard poultry.

    ReplyDelete