Saturday, January 16, 2010

1st Surf! Barlings Beach. 2nd Moruya River Mouth


I finally had a surf yesterday, (Friday) now don't get me wrong I have been surfing in the last month. This surf was special as I had to paddle from the boat, at Barlings Beach about 1/2 mile from shore. It was a great small malibu wave. Unfortunately the swell continued to rise over night and we spent the worst night ever on Crazy Lady.

My good mate Winni (James) Patterson drove down to Moruya this morning, (Sunday)for a surf. We ended up surfing the Moruya river mouth, right next to the bar you have to cross to get into the river. This ended up being almost a 4 hour surf, when paddling back in we found another great break on the inside to amuse us for another couple of hours.


Then back to Crazy Lady where Jen cooked us Bacon & Eggs, ah life is tough.


Looks like a week of good surf in Moruya, can't seeing us leave here for awhile. Maybe Friday or Saturday depending on weather and tides.
Pic: My mal resting behind the stern after a long session at Barlings Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment