Monday, March 29, 2010

Your chance to join in and help us write our song.


Rolf in his Satan worship days!!
What an evil looking dude.


From Jen:

Inspired by a “hum” first thing this morning I have created a new version of

TIE ME KANGAROO DOWN. ( an Aussie favourite)

We want your inspirations too: feel free to add your own verses.


Spoken:

An old yachtie lay under his sail: sighing and drying;

In his last gasps he said to his love:


Sung:

Can you grab me some beer, Dear

Can you grab me a beer;

‘Been twelve hours and I’m feeling the fear, Dear

A carton of Boags if you’re near......altogether now


(Chorus)

Tie me anchor chain down, boys

Tie me anchor chain down;

We don’t want dragging all 'round boys

So tie me anchor chain down.


Don't be such a big goose, Bruce

Don't be such a big goose;

A bowline isn't a noose, Bruce

Its more fun sailing when it's loose!!!....altogether now


Post cards to people we know, Joe

Post cards to people we know;

The internet’s running real slow, Joe

Snail mail’s THE way to go.....altogether now


Weather pants a little too tight, right?

Weather pants a little too tight;

Turn them ‘round and they’ll fit you alright, (might)

Wore backwards they look such a fright!!......altogether now


Bake me a fresh loaf of bread, Fred

Bake me a hot loaf of bread;

Hold back on the laxatives I said, Fred

Cos’ I’m not blocking up the head. (toilet).......altogether now


Go set the main sail again, Glenn

Set the main sail again;

We’re flapping and off course again, Glenn

I’m comfy, resting in the den.......altogether now


The dinghy’s found the wind vane, Shane

The painter’s found the wind vain;

Untangling is a real pain, Shane

Mutiny: is home on the plane.......altogether now

9 comments:

  1. Nice, will have to add a blues verse.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruuuuce its not you thats a gooooooooosssse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Australian Favourite!

    I would die of mortification if people thought that was my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I know you're a secret wobble-boarder, and that you were a legendary "Jake the Peg"

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think you two may have been on your own for toooooo long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean the loo with Bloo, Sue,
    Clean the loo with Bloo,
    Chilli Heat made smell like poo, Sue
    And now it smells like new.

    Don't treat your crew like a slave, Dave
    Don't treat your crew a slave
    So they were put on the oars like a knave Dave
    And we hit 8 knots on a wave

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruuce, that's what I call poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's Masterchef Glenn on standby
    he makes fresh bread every day.
    The diet you two said you'd live by
    was left somewhere near Jervis Bay.

    Come on back to 'Australia',
    Things here need to be sold.
    Have a big garage sale, but
    keep jumpers 'cause Glenn is cold.

    There's Mum stuff to catch up on
    Check the kids' hair for lice.
    See pictures of Matt, put the jug on,
    Trim their hair so it's nice.

    This house has never felt so large,
    You've forgotten where all your things are.
    But don't let your possessions take charge,
    "I think I'll go sleep in the car".

    You'll see your daughter once more, Jen,
    Everyone says she's the best.
    A nice retirement home is assured, Jen
    If you buy many good Easter eggs.

    Dye your hair once again, Jen,
    you need to cover those greys.
    You've spent too long with just Glenn, Jen,
    you two are so crazy these days.

    ReplyDelete