Sunday, November 29, 2009

Come Monday



I have only 8 more working days left before I'm finished work, and commence on my 35 year old dream. Lucky for me its become Jen's dream as well. Jen finishes work on the 8th Dec. I'm amazed at how lucky I am to have a partner that shares my passion. Today we took another step closer as we started to stock the Crazy with favourite things from home, like books, DVD's etc: All music is going via Iphone:(we are so up to date with technology,!!!, remembering this is coming from a man who said the CD would never catch on???).
Today I vaccumed the bilge and degreased the motor, because of the mess from changing fuel lines earlier in the week. I'm as green as Malcolm Turnball so no dirty bilge water into mother ocean.
The pics posted are cruising and surfing guides that we loaded on board today and hope to utilize over the coming years. (thanks John King for your keen ebay and Aldi skills, also Aunti Shirley and John.)
You may be wondering why the title of the blog is Come Monday? We are very fortunate to have wonderful neighbours, Dennis and Denise, who lavished us with nautical oddities as a bon voyage. (Thanks but we are still recoving from the heavy night). Included in their gifts was a Jimmy Buffet CD, with Come Monday on it. This song has special significance for Johnny Jenkins(flood magnet @ Belligen) and myself when in our teens we did a great drunken rendition of same song, in the now defunct Scarf Brothers.
We are getting quite excited as our departure date nears. Standby for more posts in the coming 2 weeks.

Glenn and Jen(editor)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen and Glenn,

    Thought we would check out your blog site. What a great adventure you are about to have. "Crazy Lady" looks wonderful. Jen, you are a legend with all that sewing. Bye the bye, I think Sophie and Cilla miss you already. Their current carers are a disaster! Cheers - look forward to keeping in touch and hearing all the details of your trip. PS Loved Saturday - should be more of it.

    ReplyDelete